As part of its ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the economic development profession, TIP Strategies is seeking qualified candidates to serve as a Summer 2022 Economic Development Intern. Our engagements focus on economic development, workforce, and organizational strategies. Working under the direction of a lead consultant, the intern will be asked to lead a discrete, internal project over the course of the internship. Potential project topics include workforce development, recovery and resiliency, and equitable economic growth. The intern may be asked to assist with ongoing client projects as needed and will be expected to meet specific deadlines. Applications will be limited to students residing in Texas, Washington, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Maryland. The internship will be paid on an hourly basis at $22.00 per hour and is not eligible for benefits.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Synthesizing information on tools, resources, and systems related to a specific economic development topic.
- Researching and summarizing best practices for addressing local, regional, and state economic challenges related to the agreed-upon economic development topic.
- Creating a topical toolkit to assist with writing economic development strategic plans.
- Assisting with content creation by writing blog posts about economic and workforce development trends.
- Working alongside a lead consultant to develop project deliverables as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities effectively and independently to meet project milestones in a timely manner.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite—particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and in highly collaborative environments.
- Consistent attention to detail to produce highly professional work products.
- Intellectual curiosity about the economic, social, environmental, and political trends that drive TIP’s consulting engagements.
- Proficiency and comfort level using a wide range of information management tools such as AirTable, Tableau, WordPress, Zoho, Survey Monkey, and Adobe InDesign.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university at the graduate level throughout the duration of the internship. Pursuit of a master’s degree in geography, economics, political science, public policy, community planning, or other related field is required.
- No direct work experience in economic development or consulting is required.
Since interns may assist with ongoing client projects, candidates may be asked to demonstrate their critical thinking skills in exercises as part of the interview process. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF is preferred, but MS Word is accepted. The subject line of the email should be SUMMER 2022 INTERN. Please name your files beginning with FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.
About TIP Strategies
TIP STRATEGIES, INC. (TIP) is a privately held Austin-based firm providing consulting and advisory services to public and private sector clients. Established in 1995, the firm’s core competency is strategic planning for economic development. Our work has broadened to include expertise in talent strategies, organizational development, and social equity. TIP Strategies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics, or disability unrelated to job performance. www.TIPStrategies.com