Our team continues to grow! Our search earlier this year was successful and we are now looking for an additional consultant.
TIP Strategies is seeking qualified candidates to serve as an economic development consultant. Consultants are involved in all aspects of projects including scope of work definition, client management, research and analysis, site visits, focus group and interview facilitation, strategy development, and production of deliverables to clients. Deliverables are in the form of presentations and professional reports. The position requires travel (once it is determined to be safe and staff are comfortable). Candidates are not required to be based in Austin, Texas.
The right candidate will be passionate about and successful in:
• Crafting creative strategies to foster economic growth, workforce development, and tax base diversification.
• Engaging a wide-range of stakeholders, synthesizing input, and effectively managing expectations.
• Researching and identifying best practices for addressing local, regional, and state economic challenges.
• Working both independently and in highly collaborative environments.
• Applying consistent attention to detail to produce highly professional work products.
Desired Skills and Experience
• A master’s degree in economics, economic development, workforce development, real estate, urban planning, public policy or some combination of these areas.
• A demonstrated ability to interpret and explain in-depth economic data for non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing.
• A demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging content for both detailed reports and summary presentations.
• A strong personal presence, with professional presentation and communications skills.
• Ability to manage priorities effectively and independently to meet project milestones in a timely manner.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and client relationships with ease.
• Two to three years of prior consulting experience, including developing strategies and recommendations, producing professional reports, and managing client relationships.
• Workforce development or economic development organizational experience is preferred.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite—particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Since writing and presentation skills are critical to this position, candidates may be asked to demonstrate these abilities in exercises or tasks as part of the interview process.
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid time off; profit sharing; matching 401(k); medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; and professional development.
To apply, please email a COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com. PDF is preferred, but MS Word is accepted. The subject line of the email should be Economic Dev Cons. Please name your files starting with FIRSTNAME LASTNAME.
About TIP Strategies
TIP STRATEGIES, INC. (TIP) is a privately held Austin-based firm providing consulting and advisory services to public and private sector clients. Established in 1995, the firm’s core competency is strategic planning for economic development. Our work has broadened to include expertise in talent strategies, organizational development, and social equity.
TIP Strategies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics, or disability unrelated to job performance.