TIP Strategies seeks qualified candidates to coordinate and manage tasks associated with consulting activity. Our engagements focus on economic development, workforce, and organizational strategies. Working under the direction of a lead consultant, the associate consultant will be asked to coordinate work on multiple projects simultaneously and will be expected to meet specific deadlines. Critical thinking and writing skills are crucial for success. The position may require travel (when conditions permit) as well as participation in virtual events. TIP’s offices are located in Austin, Seattle, and Boston but we encourage applications from other locations as well.
• Translating complex ideas and concepts into clear and engaging prose.
• Collecting and synthesizing information for publication.
• Preparing notes for meetings, site visits, focus groups, and interviews.
• Investigating, analyzing, cataloging, developing, and drafting creative and original strategies.
• Interacting with stakeholders in the public, private, nonprofit sectors, and the media.
• Conducting phone interviews.
• Developing systems and processes for managing engagements efficiently.
• Collaborating with TIP’s other internal teams, including Research, Production, and Operations.
• Following quality control guidelines and applying consistent attention to detail.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, including English, foreign languages, geography, economics, political science, or other field with a strong focus on writing and critical thinking.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and explain complex information for non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to write clear and engaging content for both reports and summary presentations.
• Ability to manage priorities effectively and independently to meet project milestones.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
• Fluency in MS Office Suite—particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Proficiency and comfort level using online meeting tools such as Zoom, Cisco Webex, Google Meets, and GoToMeeting.
• Proficiency and comfort level using a wide range of information management tools such as AirTable, Tableau, WordPress, ConstantContact, MailPoet, Qualtrics, Zoho, Survey Monkey, and Adobe InDesign.
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
• Intellectual curiosity about the economic, social, environmental, and political trends that drive TIP’s consulting engagements.
Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate a mastery of writing and critical thinking skills. Written exercises or tasks will be assigned as a primary component of the interview process. The salary range for this position is $42,000-$48,000.
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid time off; profit sharing; matching 401(k); medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; and professional development. TIP Strategies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT. Please name your resume LAST NAME_FIRST NAME.
About TIP Strategies
TIP STRATEGIES, INC. (TIP) is a privately held Austin-based firm providing consulting and advisory services to public and private sector clients. Established in 1995, the firm’s core competency is strategic planning for economic development. Our work has broadened to include expertise in talent strategies, organizational development, and social equity.