TIP Strategies is hiring for a relationship manager. The description for this position follows. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be the position title you are applying for. Please name your resume LAST NAME_FIRST NAME. Any questions regarding the position may also be directed to the email listed above.
This position is responsible for managing TIP’s business relationships with the following entities:
Prospective clients. The relationship manager will be responsible for responding to leads, request for proposals (RFPs), and potential new engagements that emerge from contacts with past clients and others; bringing appropriate staff into the process; and staying involved as needed until a contract is signed. Tasks include:
- Identify and evaluate potential business leads and RFPs.
- Assemble qualifications and administrative requirements needed to respond to RFPs and other business development opportunities.
- Draft scope language for RFPs and other business development opportunities, with the support of principals and consultants.
- Assist principals and others in preparing for short-list presentations, including compiling relevant information on the organization and geographic area as needed.
- Maintain firm profile, team bios and resumes, and project descriptions.
- Maintain tracking system of leads and business development opportunities and issue regular updates for team members.
Past clients. The relationship manager will make routine contact with TIP’s past clients. Tasks include:
- Check in regularly with recent and past clients to gather feedback, gauge progress with implementation, discover success stories, and assess future needs and opportunities of the client (and their regional stakeholders).
- Develop a database or tracking system for this process.
- Alert principal-in-charge if either of the following is detected during outreach with a past client: 1) potential for new work with the client or in the client’s region; or 2) dissatisfaction with TIP or TIP’s work.
- Track all press related to TIP’s current and past engagements and clients. Re-post/Re-tweet positive news stories through TIP’s website and social media accounts.
- Use insights gained from outreach to keep project descriptions and outcome-related content up to date.
Other relationships. The relationship manager will target and cultivate relationships across a broad range of groups, including media, partner firms, and firm contacts in key business segments. Tasks include:
- Promote events, client engagements, presentations, and thought leadership through social media outreach and targeted press outreach.
- Promote client-facing staff to journalists as go-to experts on selected ED topics.
- Cultivate relationships with trade groups, foundations, and other potential partners as targeted by TIP’s principals.
- Manage communications and logistics associated with existing partnerships or joint endeavors.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate for this position will be someone who excels at—and enjoys—writing clear and engaging documents and who is adept at handling multiple deadlines and addressing the smallest details. This person must be able to work independently, staying on task and meeting often inflexible due dates, while also possessing the ability to work in a team setting. The job requires exceptional communication skills, which will be put to use interacting with both internal staff and external clients and partner firms.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required in fields that build the essential qualities needed to succeed in this position (i.e., excellent writing, critical thinking, and organizational skills). These include areas of study such as English, journalism, or library science.
- A minimum of two years’ experience writing proposals, grant applications, or related processes is required.
- Experience working in economic development or planning fields or familiarity with issues associated with these disciplines is a plus.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office programs is mandatory. Experience with InDesign is desirable but not required.
- Candidates are required to be based in Austin, Texas, or the surrounding metro area.
About TIP Strategies Established in 1995, TIP Strategies, Inc. has worked with communities throughout the country to develop innovative, publicly supported economic development strategies. Our team members have experience with a variety of clients across the United States, including cities, counties, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, regional planning organizations, and workforce development boards. While our demographic and industry analyses serve as the foundation for our strategic plans, we pride ourselves on our ability to think creatively—we develop a vision that is supported by the data, but not driven by it. Our approach places a premium on well-informed decision-making, sound planning practices, and a commitment to the future.