TIP Strategies is a privately held Austin-based economic development consulting firm committed to providing quality solutions for public and private‑sector clients.
This blog is dedicated to exploring new data and trends in economic development.
TIP Strategies is seeking qualified candidates to oversee the firm’s research activities. This position will play an integral role in supporting TIP’s economic development and workforce consulting practice by performing advanced quantitative and qualitative research on a range of subject areas including economics, demographics, real estate, planning, and public policy. In addition to analytical work, the research manager will contribute to the preparation of high-quality written reports, presentations, and other deliverables intended to communicate findings to clients and stakeholders.
Along with these duties, the successful candidate will spearhead efforts to maintain the firm’s position as a thought leader in the economic development arena by researching trends and preparing engaging visualizations, blog posts, presentations, and other materials to help differentiate the firm’s business development efforts. The position is based in Austin and may require occasional travel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching, analyzing, and visualizing primary and secondary data
- Conducting topical research on issues related to economic development
- Preparing GIS-based maps and other data visualizations using various economic and demographic data sets
- Designing, managing, and analyzing surveys
- Summarizing key findings from research and drafting content for client deliverables
- Communicating and presenting findings to clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- An understanding of how national/global trends impact economic development at the local/regional level.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a highly-related field (e.g., economics, public affairs, planning, economic development, or other related degree) and two-years of relevant experience is required.
- A demonstrated ability to understand, visualize, and summarize in-depth economic data.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- An aptitude for writing both detailed reports and summary presentations.
- Ability to manage priorities effectively and independently to meet project milestones in a timely manner.
- Experience using GIS and data visualization software.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite—particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Since analytical skills are critical to this position, candidates may be asked to complete an analytical exercise and prepare a summary of findings as part of the interview process.
About TIP Strategies
Established in 1995, TIP Strategies, Inc. has worked with communities throughout the country to develop innovative, publicly supported economic development strategies. Our team members have experience with a variety of clients across the United States, including cities, counties, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, regional planning organizations, and workforce development boards. While our demographic and industry analyses serve as the foundation for our strategic plans, we pride ourselves on our ability to think creatively—we develop a vision that is supported by the data, but not driven by it. Our approach places a premium on well-informed decision-making, sound planning practices, and a commitment to the future.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to request application information from Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.